I am a clinical
informatics fellow and practicing primary care physician at
Case Western Reserve University /
Previously, I completed my residency at
of Vermont Medical Center. I received my MD and PhD in computer
science from the University
of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
I contribute to the development of several
open source projects.
- N. Riley. “Explicit Software Speculation for Dynamic
Language Runtimes.” PhD dissertation, University of Illinois
at Urbana-Champaign, May 2009. (PDF)
- N. Riley, C. Zilles. “Transactional Runtime Extensions for
Apr. 2008. (PDF)
- N. Riley, C. Zilles. “Hardware Transactional Memory Support
for Lightweight Dynamic Language Evolution.” OOPSLA Dynamic Languages Symposium, Oct. 2006. (PDF)
- N. Riley, C. Zilles. “Probabilistic Counter Updates for Predictor
Hysteresis and Stratification.” HPCA-12, Feb. 2006. (PDF)
- N. Riley, C. Zilles. “Probabilistic Counter Updates for
Predictor Hysteresis and Bias.” IEEE Computer Architecture
Letters, Volume 4, Aug. 2005. (PDF)
My recreational interests include software
design, bicycling, skiing, martial arts, and playing
See my weblog and Twitter for current news.
My father lives in New York. Our Web site is rileys.us.
Last updated on 18 August 2017.